Duration: 4 Days (2 days non QCF)
Please note that we are still able to offer the non-QCF two day course – please enquire for details.
This course is accepted by the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) to demonstrate evidence of training. The 4 day course is also QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework) ready. Theory in the classroom is matched with practical training in the workshop. Assessment comprises both practical and written tests.
The BPEC Solar Domestic Hot Water Heating Systems course covers:
- Solar thermal systems and their components
- System sizing and specification
- Installation of Solar thermal components
- Comissioning of Solar systems
- Servicing and maintenance of Solar systems
- FREE BONUS module – advice on preparing the MCS quality management system
The course does not cover areas that form part of the main prerequisites.
Candidates MUST hold:
(* 4 day course only)
AND MUST also hold one of the following formal craft qualifications:
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Plumbing or equivalent earlier certification
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Domestic Installation) or equivalent earlier certification
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Heating and Ventilating (Industrial and Commercial Installation) or equivalent earlier certification
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Oil-Fired Technical Services or equivalent earlier certification
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Gas Installation and Maintenance or equivalent earlier certification.
OR (2 day course only) be able to prove
- at least two years verifiable experience
The course is not intended for those without any experience of heating or plumbing installation experience. We do offer a ‘defined scope’ option for non-installers who design, specify or want to know more about solar thermal.
Price (4 Day QCF): POA
Price (2 Day): £350 + VAT
Courses that we offer which compliment BPEC Solar Hot Water Heating Systems are: