Duration: 3 Days
The NICEIC Solar PV course is designed for qualified electricians. It provides a certificate of competence for individuals who wish to register on the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
The course covers the majority of small scale Solar Photovoltaic systems currently installed in the UK and includes:
- Background to the market and funding
- Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Regulations and standards
- System design
- Commissioning and testing
- Servicing and fault finding
The course does not cover areas that form part of the main prerequisites.
Pre-requisites for attending the course are that the candidate holds:
- Recognised ‘Part P’ competence e.g. DISQ, EAL or equivalent to BS7671:2008* and NICEIC Health and Safety competence in CoSHH, Manual Handling and Working at Height**
* Acceptable qualifications include:
- City & Guilds 2382-10 (17th Edition – BS7671)
- DISQ (Domestic Installer Scheme Qualification) Awarded 01/01/09 or after.
- City & Guilds 2382-20 (Upgrade to 17th Edition – BS 7671 from previous editions)
- City & Guilds 2330 (Parts 1, 2, & 3) – Awarded 1st January 2009 or after
- City & Guilds 2350 (All Modules) – Awarded 1st January 2009 or after
- SCOTVEC National Certificate in Electrical Installation – Awarded 1st January 2009 or after
- NVQ/SVQ Level 3 in Electrical Installation Work – Awarded 1st January 2009 or after
- EAL Level 2 VRQ Certificate for Domestic Electrical Installers 17th Edition (9 Modules)
- EAL Level 3 VRQ – 17th Edition, Diploma in Requirements for Electrical Installatons BS7671
** NICEIC Health & Safety included in course fee.