Duration: 2 Days (New course available soon)
Rainwater harvesting can help to reduce the demand for mains water and also provide a buffer for storm water drains. Water that would otherwise be lost can instead be used to flush toilets, water gardens or supply washing machines. Greywater recycling uses bath and shower water to flush toilets.
The BPEC Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling qualification provides technical knowledge for those involved with specifying and/or installing rainwater harvesting and grey water recycling systems.
The BPEC Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling course covers:
- Different types of rainwater harvesting & greywater systems
- Specification of appropriate rainwater harvesting & greywater systems
- Installation of common rainwater harvesting & greywater systems
- Maintenance of the more common rainwater harvesting & greywater systems
- Direct & indirect rainwater harvesting & greywater systems
The course does not cover areas that form part of the main prerequisites.
- Hold a formal craft qualification such as NVQ level 3 in in plumbing or heating engineering
- Be able to prove a number of years experience in plumbing or conventional heating