The Domestic Installer Scheme Qualification course is designed to provide an introduction to the installation and testing of domestic electrical installations.
Who would benefit?
The course is aimed at non-electrical personnel who wish to select, install, inspect & test and commission electrical installations in domestic properties.. This course provides one of the qualifications needed to become registered with a competent persons scheme under Part P of the Building Regulations.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. It is recommended that an IEE Regulations (BS7671) course is completed after this course.
The course consists of the following training modules:
- Induction. An introduction to the course.
- Electrical concepts. What is it and how do we use it.
- Electrical circuits. Choosing the right components
- Circuit protection. Switching off when things go wrong
- Electrical regulations. Follow the rules and staying safe
- Earthing and bonding. To bond or not to bond – that’s the question
- Installation practice. Wiring it up and getting it working
- Inspection & Testing. Checking your work and testing the circuits
- Certificating. The job is not finished until the paperwork is done.
Assessment is via a combination of practical tasks, assessment sheets and multiple-choice examination
Course Duration and Location
This 4 day course is available at our training centres
Successful candidates are awarded an NICEIC DISQ certificate which is accepted by the registration bodies as evidence of completing an assessment of competence. Candidates wishing to gain registration under a Part P registration scheme will need to contact an approved registration body and fulfil their additional requirements in order to be accepted for registration. This will normally involve paying a fee, presenting your certificate and having completed installation work inspected.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course
At time of booking
The following information MUST be provided at the time of booking:-
- Full Name, Gender and Date of Birth
For the course
Candidates will need to bring the following to the course:-
- 2 recent passport type photographs
For the latest course dates, prices and booking please follow this link