The Inspection & testing course will provide a detailed exploration of the Inspection & testing requirements of the IEE Regulations. Each delegate’s competence to Inspect & Test an installation will be individually assessed, making it ideal preparation for the City & Guilds 2392 examinations.
Who would benefit?
The course is aimed at electrical personnel who inspect & test or certify electrical installations. Persons who currently install wiring systems and intend to carry out inspection & tests would also benefit. Delegates MUST have completed an IEE Regulations course before attending this course.
The course consists of the following training and assessment modules:
- Induction. An introduction to the course.
- Inspection & Testing Regulations. What are the requirements for Inspection and Testing?
- Continuity of Protective Conductors. Testing the “earth wires”.
- Ring Circuit Continuity. When is a ring not a ring?
- Insulation Resistance. Is the electricity leaking out?.
- Polarity. Are the wires in the right place?.
- Earth Fault Loop Impedance. Will the fuse blow in time?.
- Earth Electrode Resistance. How many ohms to earth?.
- Functional Testing. Will the RCD trip?
- Completion Certificates. Recording the test data.
The examination is a 2 hour, 60 question, closed book, on-line examination and four practical assessments using simulated installations.
Course Duration and Location
This 4 day course is available on-site, at training centres or other suitable venues. There is a maximum number of 8 candidates per course. A further 1 evening attendance at an examination centre will be required to sit the examination.
Successful candidates are awarded a City and Guilds 2392 certificate.
Candidates must be in possession of a City & Guilds 2382-10 or City & Guilds 2382-20 certificate.
At time of booking
The following information MUST be provided at the time of booking:-
- Full Name, Gender and Date of Birth
- City & Guilds Candidate Number (can be found at the bottom of past certificates and is in the form ABC 1234)
For the course
Candidates MUST have copies of the following publications for use during the course:-
- BS 7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical Installation (ISBN 978-0-86341-844-0)
- IEE Guidance Note 3 Inspection & Testing (ISBN 978-0-86341-857-0)
For the examination
Candidates must bring the following to the examination:-
- Photo I.D. (e.g. Driving Licence, passport or similar)
- Pen and Calculator (not programmable)
For the practical assessment
Test Instruments and tools will be provided but Candidates may use their own suitable test instruments if preferred.
For the latest course dates, prices and booking please follow this link