The IEE Regulations course will provide a detailed exploration of the Regulations, concentrating on their practical application on site. It is ideal preparation for the City & Guilds 2382-10 Examination.
Who would benefit?
The course is aimed at electrical personnel who design, install, inspect & test and maintain wiring systems. The course is intended for persons who are not familiar with the 17th Edition of the Regulations (BS7671) or may have studied the Regulations some time ago. It will also provide an excellent follow-on course for persons who have completed a Domestic Installer Scheme (Part P) course.
The course consists of the following training modules:
- Induction. An introduction to the course.
- PART ONE – Scope, Object and Fundamental Requirements for Safety. Who are the Regulations for and what are they meant to do.
- PART TWO – Definitions. Explanation of the terminology used in the Regulations.
- PART THREE – Assessment of General Characteristics. Surveying the site and equipment to be installed.
- PART FOUR – Protection for Safety. Checking the installation for safety.
- PART FIVE – Selection and Erection. Choosing the right equipment for the job.
- PART SIX – Inspection & Testing. Is the installation safe to use?
- PART – SEVEN – Special Locations. Areas where particular care is required.
- APPENDICES – Interpreting the graphs and tables.
- EXAMINATION – Have you understood?.
The examination is a 2 hour, 60 question, computerised, open book, multiple-choice examination (GOLA).
Course Duration and Location
This 3 day course is available on-site, at training centres or other suitable venues.
Successful candidates are awarded a City and Guilds 2382-10 certificate.
There are no formal entry requirements.
Candidates who posses one or more of the following qualifications are eligible for the 1 day Update course:-
- C&G 2381 (issued after June 2001)
- C&G 2330-07 (LIII Certificate in installation)
- C&G 2330-08 (LIII Certificate in maintenance)
- C&G 2360 Part II (issued after Jan 2004)
Candidates who do not have one or more of the above qualifications must complete the 3 day course and full examination.
At time of booking
The following information MUST be provided at the time of booking:-
- Full Name, Gender and Date of Birth
- City & Guilds Candidate Number, if you have one (can be found at the bottom of past certificates and is in the form ABC 1234)
For the course
Candidates MUST have a copy of the following publication for use during the course:-
- BS 7671:2008 Requirements for Electrical Installation (ISBN 978-0-86341-844-0)
For the examination
Candidates must bring the following to the examination:-
- A clean copy of the above publication (i.e not annotated)
- Photo I.D. (e.g. Driving Licence, passport or similar)
- Pen and Calculator (not programmable)
For the latest course dates, prices and booking please follow this link