Duration: 4 Days
The BPEC Woody Biomass qualification has been designed to comply with the requirements of the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS).
The course includes theory and practical sessions and covers:
- Modern wood heating with different types of domestic wood fuels
- Boilers, fuels preparation, chimneys and control systems
- System design
- Legal requirements for installations
- Safe Installation & Maintenance
The course does not cover areas that form part of the main prerequisites.
Candidates must have:
- Relevant HETAS heating engineers certificate
- Unvented Domestic Hot Water Storage Systems certificate
- A number of years experience in plumbing or conventional heating
- Hold a formal craft qualification such as NVQ level 3 in in plumbing or heating engineering